APPLE (Accredited Professional Preschool Learning Environment) Accreditation is a national early learning program accreditation that recognizes early learning centers for operating high quality programs. Research shows a direct link between a high quality early learning experience and a child’s future success. APPLE sets the standards that accelerate an early learning center’s drive to achieve that level of care and education outcomes.
In 2019, APPLE Accreditation celebrates its 20th year of excellence. APPLE was developed by owners and operators of early learning centers and is grounded in the unique perspective of the business of child care. The owner/management team has the greatest impact on the quality of any early learning center, and the developers of the APPLE program recognized the important balance between meeting the quality standards of accreditation and the financial impact it may have on the children and families served.
Today, APPLE is the largest accrediting agency in Florida and growing nationwide. In Florida, APPLE is accepted as one of Florida’s Gold Seal Quality programs. The Gold Seal program provides additional benefits including: ad valorem tax relief, a sales tax exemption on supplies and materials, and an increase in reimbursement for subsidized care.
The best benefit is giving your parents the confidence that the care of their children is at an APPLE Accredited center.
THE APPLE Advantage
- APPLE Accredited schools are eligible for the Gold Seal Quality Care designation
- Largest accrediting body in Florida
- Accepted as one of Florida’s Gold Seal Quality Programs
- Up to 20% Increase in School Readiness Funding
- Property Tax (Ad Valorem) Exemption
- Tax exemption on educational goods and services
- Consistent Policies and Practices
- Greater Staff Retention & Increased Morale
- Dedicated APPLE support team
- Ongoing professional development opportunities